Happy Father’s Day from the Marianist Community at St. Anthony Parish in Wailuku, Maui!
Dear Fathers, Grandfathers, Godfathers, and all those who have been fathers to us:
Happy Father’s Day! And many blessings to you!
Blessed are You, Lord and Father of all life, who has given to us the gift of the father in our families.
Today, we will honor him, and we thank You for the numerous good things that are ours because of him.
His love for us has been a sign of Your divine affection and a sharing in Your holy love.
Bless our fathers this day with Your strength O Holy God, that they may continue to be a sign of your presence and a priestly parent to our families.
May we, who have the honor of bearing his father’s name, do so with great pride.
And may we, the members of his family, assist him in his holy duties as a parent with respect, our obedience and our deep affection.
Bless our fathers, Lord, with happiness and good health, with peace and good fortune so that they who have shared their very life with us may live forever with You, his loving and gracious heavenly Father.
And this blessing and all graces, we pray, descend upon the fathers of our families here at St. Anthony.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Fr. Roland Bunda Pastor, St. Anthony of Padua Maui
We are looking forward to being together soon. Even as restrictions are lifted, we are aware of the COVID-19 situation, so we have new required regulations in place. As we reopen to celebrate the Eucharist together, it will be different than what weʻve been used to. These protocols are to keep you, and all of our parish community, safe during this time.
Continue reading below to learn more about things to expect when returning back to our parish. You can also click on the video to watch and listen to information about the new changes.
Weekend Mass Schedule
•Sunday 5pm •
Daily Mass Schedule
In order to comply with social distancing requirements, all services will be held in the church center. The maximum capacity is 108 people.
Dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect for all in the Diocese of Honolulu through June 30, 2020.
Live-stream and video of Mass will continue.
Return to Mass Ticketing
Attendance will be by Ticket Reservations using Eventbrite or by calling the church office.
Arrival for Mass
• Put on your face mask in your car before exiting your vehicle.
• Everyone over the age of 5 should wear a mask.
• Please be sure to cover your face at all times while on the church campus and in the church center.
• Entry will be from the main doors only
• Be in line no later than 15 minutes before Mass
• Follow social distancing of 6 feet apart
• Two check in tables based on last names: A-M to the left, N-Z to the right
• Hospitality Ministers will usher you to your seats.
• The pews in the front of the church will be filled first and we’ll work our way back.
• Couples, immediate families living in one household may sit together.
• Please remain in church for the entire Mass.
• Proper spacing will be marked off in the pews. Every other pew will be left clear.
Procedures During Mass
• Continue to use your mask throughout the entire service
• Refrain from physical contact during Lord’s Prayer and Sign of Peace
• No offertory procession or collection basket
• You may place your offering in the donation boxes or continue with on-line giving.
• Readings, music and other worship aids will be projected on to screens.
Procedure for Communion
• Four designated areas for communion utilizing the main aisles.
• Two stations will be at the front of church and two in the middle.
• Wait for Hospitality Ministers to instruct you when it’s your turn.
• Single file line adhering to 6-foot distance between people.
• Receive communion in your hands.
–Step to the side and lift your mask to consume the Precious Body.
–Return to your seat keeping social distance.
Procedure for Leaving Church
• All doors will be open for exiting.
• Remain in your pew until the hospitality ministers advise you to leave.
• Please do not congregate outside or in the parking lot.
• Continue to observe social distancing
• Church center will be sanitized before each Mass for our continued safety.